Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Purple Dragon Flies

Last summer, my son decided the spare bedroom would be a better place for my sewing room. So he packed up my stuff and moved it. My sewing room became the computer room; my sewing stuff languished in boxes, baskets, and piles.

One of the first things I did when we got back was move all my equipment and supplies into a corner of the dining room. After organizing and purging, I started sewing again.


There is a sew along/challenge going on that would be fun to join, so I bought the stuff. Yes, those are purple dragon flies on the fabric. Is there a problem?



So far, I have cut out all the pieces.



While Joe was in the hospital, I was staying with a friend of a friend in Cambridge, MA. She is a massage therapist who needed a research subject for a presentation. I volunteered and received 5 sessions. This is the final "after" picture she took of me. I realize I have lost weight but was surprised to notice (gasp) an actual waist line re-appearing! That's one reason I want to make myself a new skirt.

5 comments:

  1. I like that material and I bet the dragonfly symbolizes something wonderful and inspiring – somewhere!
    Trying times = weight loss. Which is about the only positive thing to say about them...
    (Glad you’re back.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Dragonflies are lucky, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad to see you again, and happy to see a picture of your house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the sewing project. I love that fabric! I hope you remember to show us the final results. I spent time recently looking at skirt patterns...I don't know what came over me! I have not sewn in years!

    ReplyDelete