Saturday, March 6, 2010

From Dad's Sweater

Although the cat seems to think it's his,



I made a pillow for the dog.



Out of my Dad's old sweater (I was trying to make a vest for myself, but I didn't like it.), an old pair of mom jeans, and bits of other projects (saved for stuffing).



I also made two dog sweaters from the sleeves.

I'm dreading my Mom seeing them, because she will get all grumpy and say, "I paid good money for that sweater!" Even though that was 30 years ago, and my Dad's been gone almost 11 years.

6 comments:

  1. This post and the pictures make me (almost) want to get another dog and (definitely) wish I had a talent for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the things you create, Patti! And I love the dog! She's so cute! Have a good Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, your mom'll b*tch about it but your dad would like that his stuff is still being used.
    Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea that your animals get to have a relationship with your dad, even after he's eleven years gone. I'm sure those sweaters still carry enough scent for them to know and love him.

    www.thesubtlerudder.com

    ReplyDelete