Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Going Over To The Dark Side



I needed a prescription filled. Strangely, my insurance will pay for all but $2 if the prescription is for 30 days. But if it's just for 10 days, like most antibiotics are, I have to pay half. With fancy antibiotics (like Joe always manages to have prescribed), that could be up to $80.

So when Joe had strep, I went to Mal*Wart to get the script filled, where the charge is supposed to be only $4, no matter what. What do you know? It was only $4. Good news for someone trying to catch up on bills after a long summer with no paycheck.

I got groceries while I waited for the pharmacy to fill it.

I feel dirty.

2 comments:

  1. Not that there's a lot of choice re: insurance plans, but yours sounds downright nasty and unfair. ($$$!!!) Not a fan of Mal*Wart but kudos to them for picking up the slack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I know exactly what you mean!! I live in quite a small town right now so there's not many options for affordable prescriptions. Although I did just get a prescription club card at Walgreen's so I'll be going there from now on.
    I try to avoid "that store" any way possible!!!

    ReplyDelete