Tuesday, October 13, 2009

School Bag

We are always receiving promotional items from textbook companies. A couple of years ago, when we were deciding on a new math series, the companies tried to out-do each other. My favorite was the company who "set" the tables for the big meeting with water bottles, chocolate bars, lunch boxes, and a tote bag. I still use the lunch box as a back up.

A company that was promoting a series on nutrition sent me some materials packed in this messenger bag. There was a logo on the flap, a big, ugly orange and yellow logo. I covered it up with a black sharpie.



And then I covered that up with a bitchin' sunflower patch. Now, I happily carry my bag to and from school, even if I don't have any homework.



(Yes, that's my new grown-up teacher chair with wheels. And I got to pick out my new desk... it's a 1950's blond wood one that does not squeak when I write! I love, love, love my new desk and chair.)

3 comments:

  1. Good thinking. Accept the “gift” and make it all your own – no free advertising via the logo.
    And your new grown-up chair is, well, very grown up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a bitchin' sunflower patch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love that you can do stuff like this, I am so clueless when it comes to crafty stuff (well, unless it is scrapbooking).

    ReplyDelete