Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Scrappy Project

The Friday before school started, I was tasked with sorting through the possessions of a retiring teacher whose classroom I had inherited. All I will say about this is that there were piles and piles and piles, and the custodians and I were utterly overwhelmed with the volume of stuff I had no use for.

My principal helped out when she could, so did friends and the assistant assigned to my room. When it was time to leave for the day, I told my boss I was taking the weekend off, even though there was more work to do before kids came back. She said,
"Good for you! Make sure you do something for yourself this weekend."

So I did. I made a cover for my planbook.




It's a fitted, sleeve kind of cover.




With pockets on the inside for pencils, pens, and notes.




Made of patches and strips from my collection, and leftovers from recent projects.



I love it when my skirt matches my planbook!

2 comments:

  1. It must be so satisfying to have the talent and creativity to make such "gifts" for yourself. I wish I could. Some days I think I deserve a little something extra. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quilts are always fun, and your planbook has great fall colors in it.
    we all have piles of stuff stored somewhere. for whatever reason, it seems important at the time.
    and in the end, it's just "stuff."

    ReplyDelete