Sunday, November 8, 2009

I enjoy making bags. Quality of life improves when you can contain your stuff. And if your stuff is contained, you are likely to have less of it.

This potato sack came into my life before we made the change to organic. It's purple and plastic. I just had to make a puple plastic purse. (Anybody else love Lilly and the Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes? I'd link, but I still don't know how to cut and paste w/out a mouse.)



Here is the inside. I made a lining with muslin, and added some colorful pockets.



A casing, a drawstring, and a strip to cover the label. There you go.



I also added a lining and pockets to...



A rice bag.



No tutorials, I just keep working until everything looks right. And I rarely do the same thing twice. Those bags became birthday presents to two deserving 20 somethings.

2 comments:

  1. how to copy/paste - on a MacbookPro... without a mouse (this is what my hubby has)

    after highlighting the text you can either:

    1. 2 finger click on the trackpad (hold 2 fingers down while clicking) -this is like R-clicking with a mouse... proceed as with a mouse-select copy or paste
    OR
    2. use COMMAND C for copy and COMMAND V for paste

    hope this helps... I have an iMac... but someday :)....

    ReplyDelete