Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I finished a project using 2 old, moth eaten, jersey, boat neck tops. And there was this pile of left over strips. I did not want to throw them away; these shirts had such good mojo.



So I made miniature batts for pot holders. (I looove making pot holders. They are fast, easy, useful and they make great gifts.) I sandwiched them in between some muslin scraps, and criss-crossed them in place.



Years ago, tragedy struck, and I just could not bring myself to do patchwork anymore. More recently, I was struck with the urge to clean the sewing room of ufo's* and reminders of unhappy days. There was this pile of starry blocks from a 4 seasons quilt I was planning back then.



They became gifts I gave my friends on my birthday.



I still have one quilt to make, but that is a future post.

*unfinished objects

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. Those are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the prettiest pot holders!!

    please send me your snail mail address and answer the swap questions so I can get you paired up! They are on the blog


    Mindy
    princessandthebeads@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your 'moth eaten' potholders are absolutely beautiful! maybe it is *you* with the good mojo.
    i love the quilted ones too.
    you're right, potholders are always useful. i feel stupid when i forget to use one. and yes, i've done that. dumb dumb dumb.

    ReplyDelete