Friday, November 27, 2009

If You're Ever In Cambridge, MA



and you've made a commitment to not buying new, factory made clothing, this is a good resource. If you want once-in-a-lifetime bargains, stay downstairs. If you want a department store-like shopping experience, go upstairs. Upstairs, all the garments are organized by type and hung by size. When I was there, prices ranged from approximately $5 to $25. And you can try stuff on.



If you stay downstairs, you will notice a costume shop on the right. I stayed away from this part. On your left and in the back is a big, purple room that looks like this. Here you fill your bag with items. When you're done, your bag is weighed, and you pay by the pound.

You have to get down on the floor, crawl around, and dig. And dig. I spent about an hour and $11. I found:

3 funky t shirts
a bathing suit
a 100% wool cardigan with embroidery and shell buttons
a beany
linen trousers
a purple top with elephant designs
a turtle neck sweater
a fleecey jacket

It was so much fun. And I would have bought more if I were feeling more courageous.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun place to shop! I am mulling over hitting our local resale shops today...

    ReplyDelete